Aqua Medic Ozone Generator - no what I expected

JC Pollman

I bought an Aqua Medic ozone generator about a month ago, and have been quite pleased with it. It is very small in size and weighs next to nothing.

060820-aquamedic-ozone.jpg

The manual says to take it apart once a month and clean it. So, I took off the metal plate that the air hoses hook up to - and was surprized to see that the only thing I could clean was a white plastic disk. After reading the manual again, apparently the disc is the only thing that needs cleaning. This is about as user friendly an object that I have come across in a long time.

060820-aquamedic-ozone-open.jpg

When I used ozone 15 years ago, we used to have to clean a tube where the generation of charge took place.

The generation process left a lite pale yellowish powder residue inside the tube and on the probe that needed to be brushed off.

What did you find inside this unit?

I have an Ozonizer that is almost identical to the one JC has pi'd....I was told by the german based company I bought it from that it uses an elemental discharge (electrically created o3), where as the one your describing Chip sounds like corona discharge.

Sean