Automatic frozen fish food feeder

MODreefer

Just saw this on Reef2Reef. I’ve donated to two or three Kickstarters and got burned every time. Two never came to life and used up all their capital, the other was considerably more expensive for the final product.

Super cool idea but Gonna wait til this hits retail shelves to bite...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been burned a cpl times. Most have worked out great. My worst burn was for a drone that collected the largest funding recorded on Kickstarter. Since then, Kickstarter has made some changes to stem possible fraud.

BTW, I wasn’t attempting to promote the Kickstarter campaign. Just thought it was cool that someone was working on the possibility of making a device that would solve a problem. Sry if it looked that way.

I am backing the heck out of this thing. Anyone with seahorses should be super excited about this. Going on vacation, even away for a weekend requires that I find someone to feed at least twice a day and with the AF4 I'll be able to easily feed 3 times a day, which is much better for the health of the seahorses. It potentially even has applications in raising fry, which is darn near impossible if you can't feed often during the day. Even for my fish not having to deal with defrosting the food for them and feeding each day is a time saver I am looking forward too.

The guy seems to have his act together and I figure that even if the whole thing falls apart he obvious has the 3D files since the prototype is 3D printed and worst case scenario I could see if he would release the files and I could just print the parts myself and assemble everything myself since it is controllable via a 1-10v signal as well.

Also direct link to the Kickstarter in case anyone is interested: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/af4/the-af4-auto-frozen-fish-food-feeder/