Pistol shrimp

riks_reef

Hey y’all iv had a pistol shrimp for quite some time now and since then iv lost a watch man goby, like literally no where to be found. Also i found my new engineering goby dead with a mark on its head. I know both gobies and pistol shrimp have the same desired places to burrow and watchman gobies and pistol shrimp sometimes have symbiotic bonds with each other (mine didnt). But is it possible my pistol shrimp is killing off these fish? All my other fish are fine just FYI. Does any one have issues with pistols or am I over thinking this? 

37 minutes ago, MaeganWink said:

Awww, no, poor engineer goby. I'm sorry you lost him!

Yea I’m sorry I killed your goby Maegan. I’m investing his murder right now. Justice will he served! 

1 hour ago, madweazl said:

Tiger pistol wont kill a YWG (likely to pair up) and it is extremely unlikely that it would kill a healthy fish of any species. 

It was actually a diamond goby. 

In that case, they're prone to carpet surfing but again, even more unlikely to be taken out by a pistol shrimp. 

Edit: just to clarify, we're talking about a diamond goby; white with orange diamonds that sifts the sand? If so, they do not pair up with pistol shrimp. 

Edited by madweazl

19 hours ago, madweazl said:

In that case, they're prone to carpet surfing but again, even more unlikely to be taken out by a pistol shrimp. 

Edit: just to clarify, we're talking about a diamond goby; white with orange diamonds that sifts the sand? If so, they do not pair up with pistol shrimp. 

Correct, I was told they might 

Well they wont, it's the wrong species :)

Some that will are:

Hi-fin goby

Randall's goby

Dracula goby

Yellow watchman goby

Tangaroa goby

Wheeler's goby

Yasha goby

I'm sure there are more but this is what I can think of at the moment. Diamond gobies absolutely will not though.