Local Water Testing

ccary23

I recently lost all my SPS  and my guess is the drop to 6.6 dkh while I was on vacation was the reason.  Just to be sure I have decided to order another ICP test and that got me thinking.  Do we really need to get our water tested by mail?  I would like to think there is somewhere in the DMV where we can get water tested without having to wait 2 weeks for results.  

The main thing in my mind for those tests is for when you have checked everything you can with salifert testing and you still can’t figure out what’s wrong. 

Over the years, if my ALK/CAL/MAG are good and steady and I’m not overfeeding everything is happy

A lot of people don’t send out water. I feel to only test for things you can actually change. A good RODI system with proper filters will take care of the rest. That crash on alk would definitely kill sps. Usually crash is a drastic change on ca or alk. An automatic doser will help distribute several doses through a day and on vacations. Also, makes adjusting easier. Keeping stability is key with smaller adjustments. Most LFS that sell corals will test, if you’re ever around the area and need a test bring over some water. If you’re dosing, testing on a daily basis in the beginning is critical and backing off to a routine once stability is found.