Got sand?

Pat_13

Anybody in my area (Bowie) have a cup of sand to spare for my new tank?

I switched from CC to sand and did not want to put any of the old CC in with the new sand.

Anybody in my area (Bowie) have a cup of sand to spare for my new tank?

I switched from CC to sand and did not want to put any of the old CC in with the new sand.

I'm about to make the same switch... Where did you find the sand that you used in your tank?

Pat,

I'm not sure where bowie is, but I can definitly provied you a cup or two of sand...

Dave

Pat,

I'm not sure where bowie is, but I can definitly provied you a cup or two of sand...

Dave

Bowie is in maryland outside of the beltway

New market is more than a hour from Bowie

One thing you can do is get a mesh bag, put your crushed coral in it, and then put the bag in the water for a while. That way the bacteria can grow off of it onto the sand, and then eventually you can pull the bag of CC out.

Why not throw the cc on the bottom in the back where you put your base rock. Then throw the sand on top. you won't see it and if you have some critters they will mix it in for you.

Jason-I could not find any that passed the fizz test. :( I had some old sand in my shed that passed the vinegar test and added some agromax to make enough.

Dave-Yea, A little too far, Bowie is between DC and Annapolis, but thanks for the offer.

I could put the CC in a bag to promote bacterial growth, but also wanted the worms and critters from the sand bed. Plus the CC has been sitting since Saturday and I am not sure I want the decay that would have started on it by now.

I only put about 1