Scientists: Warming triggers 'dead zone'

Our fearless leader would say this is hogwash. There is no such thing as Global Warming. If we can't believe our President then who can we believe?

Yeah, I guess you are right but some people are very impressionable. I have a guy that works on my fish crew with me that has a BS in Ecology and is currently working on his MS in Fisheries Biology. He is a scientist/biologist as his chosen line of work. At the same time he is a somewhat far to the right Republican and he doesn't believe in Evolution and discounts the idea of global warming. I can't figure him out. It would be easier if he wasn't such a good guy because it would be much easier to argue with him about this stuff.

Who believes the president?? He's a politician, after all! And, even worse, I think he's also an attorney :)

Guest Larry-T

Who believes the president?? He's a politician, after all! And, even worse, I think he's also an attorney :)

He's worse than an attorney. He's an MBA from a university that had to accept him as a legacy (read "affirmative action for rich kids") even though he could never have qualified academically on his own.

Guest Larry-T

You know guys, this is the conservation forum, not the political forum. Please take your political commentary to the appropriate forum. Thanks.

You seem to have no trouble bashing people like Al Gore. Maybe your rule is just "don't bash conservatives."

You seem to have no trouble bashing people like Al Gore. Maybe your rule is just "don't bash conservatives."

Could you please point to where I supposedly bashed the former Vice President? I did a search and I have never even mentioned him. I have argued against the flawed science behind AGW, but I have not "bashed" politicians. Perhaps you should actually take the time to do some research before you form your opinions.

• 2 weeks later...

I apologize for my double post, network was experiencing problems. My jab at the W was merely in jest and apologies to anyone thusly offended (my jab to all attorneys is meant sincerely, since I am one hehehe ;) )

I apologize for my double post, network was experiencing problems. My jab at the W was merely in jest and apologies to anyone thusly offended (my jab to all attorneys is meant sincerely, since I am one hehehe ;) )

I wasn't responding to any one post in particular only the general trend and trying to keep on topic. I have no love for the current occupant in the White House, but this isn't the forum for discussing it.

As to the dead zone, I'm assuming it is similar to the ones that occur in the Chesepeake every summer? I have never heard of them in the open ocean, I always assumed that there was enough mixing to prevent something like that from happening.