Magnavore or Tigershark worth the money?

cbashaw

My Mag float 350 is not doing as good of a job as I would like on my 5/8" thick glass.

I'm thinking about getting a Magnavore or some other high end magnetic cleaner. Are they worth the money or is there something cheaper that I could use that will work just as well.

I have not tried the scraper attachment for the Mag Float yet. Is it worth trying or should I just go for the high end magnetic cleaner.

I use the Hammerhead Mag cleaner from Algae free, and it works exceptionally well, the magent is very strong and takes off some really stubborn algae.

As my tank has no front access, cleaning the front glass of Coraline was a real pain until i bought this attachment and super glued it on, my low iron front pane is now coraline free.

Both products are very good :biggrin:

HTH

Anton :bounce:

As my tank has no front access, cleaning the front glass of Coraline was a real pain Anton :bounce:

I have the same problem. No access from the front of the tank is a real pain for cleaning.

Tankwall.gif

It wasn't a big deal for the first few months but after the coralline started taking off...

Climbing up the ladder behind the tank, scraping then walking around to the front about 5 times is becoming a long task.

Algae Free products are very nice - expensive but worth it. As with others the inside piece floats so it isn't as hard to retrieve. Just be careful, magnets are extremely powerful (click larger ones together & you won't be getting them apart).

Not sure if anything will get coraline (magnet that is) - the old PVC & razor blade works well for glass (or the modded magnets w/ razor blade).

I know how you feel, it quickly becomes annoying shouting through to my wife over the noise of all the cooling fans i'm currently using, especially when we are at cross purposes over our left and right

FullFront240.jpg

I know John at BRK sells the Tigershark not sure about the Greatwhite

Anton

I use the tigerfloat from algae free. WORTH THE $$$$. It really does clean and polish the outside of the glass as well which is one of the biggest edges it has over the magfloat. That and incredibly strong magnets that clean the inside in one pass.

Will this one be good for my tank or should I go up one size? I have 5/8" glass and this is rated for up to 3/4" + it's only $23

Hopefully it's better than my mag float.

http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=TZ3113

I wish I had seen the scraper from Oceans Motions sooner. I just ordered an easy blade and it looks cheap compared to that one.

Will this one be good for my tank or should I go up one size? I have 5/8" glass and this is rated for up to 3/4" + it's only $23

Hopefully it's better than my mag float.

http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=TZ3113

I wish I had seen the scraper from Oceans Motions sooner. I just ordered an easy blade and it looks cheap compared to that one.

I got the larger one. Best thing is this thing takes razors, so you don't have to worry about damaging the blade. I use each blade once and trash it. 100 blades are ~$5 @ HD