Cultivating copepods

A.ocellaris

Hello!

So, here's my new adventure... feeding my tiny tiny l Biota Mandarin... I started a copepod culture (a mix of Tigriopus and Tisbe Copepods ranging from juvenile to adult sizes). I have them in a 1 gallon tank with airflow and phythofeast. I read that you do not need a heater, but the water temp dropped to 64F, so my question is, should I add a small heater? 

Also, if you can provide more guidance on the collection and maintenance of this little tank, please.

Hello!

So, here's my new adventure... feeding my tiny tiny l Biota Mandarin... I started a copepod culture (a mix of Tigriopus and Tisbe Copepods ranging from juvenile to adult sizes). I have them in a 1 gallon tank with airflow and phythofeast. I read that you do not need a heater, but the water temp dropped to 64F, so my question is, should I add a small heater? 

Also, if you can provide more guidance on the collection and maintenance of this little tank, please.

In my limited experience having warmer temperatures (up to a certain point) increases productivity and growth- so you will get more eggs in warmer water than cooler water.

When I cultivated pods, I did it in a 5 gallon bucket, I think with an airstone, and chaeto, and a small heater- though I may have gone without a heater (it was a LONG time ago!)

But keeping the temperature in the 70s should help!