PetSmart Deals

treesprite

(edited)

I didn't find what I wanted at PetSmart, but got a couple awesome random deep discount items.

First thing is 3x the 2.5 gallon Aquaponics glass tanks for $4.46 each. They are made for having plants growing out of the top, so they might be good for mangrove pico tanks. They will definitely be good for acclimating. I don't care for the pale green color of the back compartment. If I was to use one for a pico, it might require some modification.

Got an Eheim airpump for $11.75 which was regularly priced at $46.99.

Got an Eheim pre-filter pump attachment for $4.62 regularly $18.49, which will be helpful when I do tank cleaning that stirs up crud (assuming it will fit a non-Eheim powerhead).

Got an entire 75 ft roll of 24" black/blue tank background for $1.97. I was in too much hurry setting up my tank to paint the back, so this will come in handy. Will also help for QT tanks. (If anyone needs a few feet, let me know).

post-1671-0-50480200-1532847028_thumb.jpg

Edited by treesprite

I put water in one of the little tanks to test it out. I tossed some flakes of food in to see the circulation better. The water gets pulled in through slats at the bottom of the back compartment, and comes out at the surface. This is good for feeding fsh, since the food won't get sucked in anywhere before the fish has a chance to eat it (assuming someone would put some tiny fish in there). I will have to look up the tank on forums and see what people have done with them.... if anyone here has experience with them, let me know.

I put water in one of the little tanks to test it out. I tossed some flakes of food in to see the circulation better. The water gets pulled in through slats at the bottom of the back compartment, and comes out at the surface. This is good for feeding fsh, since the food won't get sucked in anywhere before the fish has a chance to eat it (assuming someone would put some tiny fish in there). I will have to look up the tank on forums and see what people have done with them.... if anyone here has experience with them, let me know.

Love that cute little tank. Actually love the background color as well! Can’t wait to see what you’ll do with it! If there’s a pump that is gentle on floating particulates this would make a good tank for things like Pygmy seahorses or small particle feeders. I kind of want one now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk