Gyre question

Shoelace

Happy New Year, everyone!

Haven't been around for a while since my 180 was being neglected while life got in the way.  I'm slowing bringing it back to life, but have decided to go with really easy softies to keep the time commitment reasonable.  I had two Jebao RW-8's which put out 2100 GPH and one died and the other is on the fritz.  I was thinking of the Maxspect Gyre.

Would the XF230 (up to 2300 GPH) suffice, especially if I got another down the line?

All my searching says the XF250 (up to 5300GPH) is the right sized one but I can see that for SPS, but I think it would be way overkill for my purposes.  In fact, when I had the old Jebao WP-10's (1100-3400GPH) it was too much and I was running them on only 10-20%.  Thanks.

You still have the 180g? I cant see the RW/PP-8s being nearly enough to move water in something that large. I cant fathom a single unit being enough to move water across a six foot tank.  Maybe two PP-15s? 

Edited by madweazl

You still have the 180g? I cant see the RW/PP-8s being nearly enough to move water in something that large. I cant fathom a single unit being enough to move water across a six foot tank.  Maybe two PP-15s? 

Yup.  The two RW8's are just fine for softies.  They got upset when I used the larger pump size.  The new OW series looks nice.  Supposedly more durable and quieter.  I could buy two new ones for $160 as opposed to only one Gyre for $290/$340 :(