MichaelG (or anyone) - Tunze Mount Options

Eve

Michaelg (or anyone else) - I'm looking for pics of Tunze mounting options for a glass tank with the normal brown plastic (?) rim and a close canopy with no space between the rim and canopy.  

I searched the board and saw Michael's post about having to make a cut-out in the canopy.  Michael - if you have pics of that could you please either post them or e-mail a pic to me so I can get an idea of how that worked.

If anyone else has any pics of other mounting options for the type of tank I have, please post or e-mail them to me.  I would greatly appreciate it :-)

Thanks much

Eve- can't really help on this one.  I couldn't figure out those darn mounting brackets to save my life.  I ended up just mounting it onto the overflow box, which was easy.  What I was going to do with the cutout was to just cut a 2" square using a jig saw.  Roger from Tunze is on the boards at Reefcentral.  I would post in the tunze forum for help if no one here can help you.

Michael

Michael,

What did you use/how did you mount the stream to the overflow box?

The standard mounting hardware- I have one of the electronic powerheads, not the stream.  There is a rail it mounts to- a plastic bolt goes through a hole at the top and screws into a small piece on the otherside of the overflow.  I just tried all the parts I had until I found a couple that held together.  The diagrams they supplied just did not fit with what I was trying to mount- either the pieces didn't actually screw together, or it just didn't hold.  :angry: