How do you clean your white filter socks????

Guest Bemmer

Guest Bemmer

I change the filter socks on my drain pipes in my sump every few days. I clean my filter socks by washing them in the washer with bleach. I do a double rinse and have no problems...so far. How do you guys clean yours? Just curious to see if there is a better way.

Thanks

Rebecca

When I use them, I just take 'em out back and blast them with a water hose. I had 2 sets so that when I needed to change them I could just swap them out. Also, the cleaned one had time to dry before I put it back in the tank.

I change the filter socks on my drain pipes in my sump every few days. I clean my filter socks by washing them in the washer with bleach. I do a double rinse and have no problems...so far. How do you guys clean yours? Just curious to see if there is a better way.

Thanks

Rebecca

Who gave you this horrible idea?! :biggrin:

I was mine in the washing machine with a cup of bleach and doulble rinse followed by atleast a day of air drying also. I keep eight of them in circulation and change them every other day.

Guest Bemmer

Who gave you this horrible idea?! :biggrin:

Oh, you got me. :blush:

When you told me that this was your method. It just seems too easy with a cup of bleach and a double rinse cycle.