Help with Yumas

EricBrian

Ok, the yumas that I bought are not doing well in either of my tanks.

I am looking for somebody who has yumas in their tank and would be willing to hold mine until I figure out what is going on? Maybe even get them healthy again?

Thanks.

Eric

I've never kept yumas but I hope you find them a good home and figure out what's going on. I'm sure you've checked the tank parameters and the usual stuff. Any changes or additions to the tank?

I've never kept yumas but I hope you find them a good home and figure out what's going on. I'm sure you've checked the tank parameters and the usual stuff. Any changes or additions to the tank?

Yeah, checked all the usual stuff. I am puzzled. Yumas a mushrooms and I have other ricordeas in my tank that are doing great!

Inna is kind enough to hold them for me. Hopefully they will recover. :)

what was wrong with them?

Sean]

The grey/purple one turned light pink. One of the baby's on the same rock died.

The red sundial ones look as though they are melting. Here, too, all of the baby ones died.

Photos followin shortly....

hmm, scratches head. I seem to remember vareefman (john) having set up a 37g tank dominated with ricordea and it did fine for about a month then he had a big crash & lost 3/4 of the ricordea. I think he said if you put a large amount in a tank, they will produce a toxin or chemical war.

Maybe you need to do a big water change &/or run some carbon. Are you target feeding them anything?

I target feed my floridas and they eat great. (I am getting ready to post pics of them.)

The yumas aren't accepting anything to eat like the floridas will. Can you suggest a way to feed them other than holding something meaty to their mouths?