Tank stocking

mari.harutunian

I currently have a pair of clowns and a sixline wrasse. I plan to add 3" more of fish. I'm really looking for fish with different personalities and behaviors. I'm thinking of a clown goby and one other tiny fish or one 3" fish. My tank is 36 gallons, but the display portion is 30 gallons. It has an open top too. Been meaning to get a screen top... I just hate it with the light mount I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The yellow tail blue damsels are my fav! Hardy. Cheap. Wait maybe I shouldn't call fish cheap. It de values their lives. Intense blue. Lots of swimming. Less aggressive than most damsels. Keep a close eye on that 6 line. Mine got pesky and killed only the new additions.

Second on the sixline. They can be territorial little buggers, and mine a few years ago took out a few small additions (a clown goby and a firefish) over the course of a night. If you have a sandbed, maybe a pistol shrimp and goby combination would work.

I got the smallest sixline I saw because I knew I'd add more fish... was hoping I'd get lucky and it wouldn't be aggressive. Should've just waited to add it last.

I'm piling on with ditching the sixline- too aggressive in a small tank. Go with a Mystery Wrasse or a Possum Wrasse instead.

Clown gobies tend to eat the slime from acroporas too.

Try a pair of Lightning Gobies or Assessors.

All of those fish either need too much space or are pretty expensive for a single fish. I'm not sure what lightning gobies are? The sixline and clown goby are cheap for the look i want. Is there anything I can add that will definitely not be terrorized?

If you don't have lots of snails, a valentini puffer would probably work. I've had a toby spotted puffer for a bit, which is similar, and they generally get along with everything and are formative enough to take care of themselves. They have a pretty hard beak, so a nip on an aggressive sixline would likely get it to back off, especially if he's small, as you've said he is. My puffer currently lives with a pair of clowns. They also have really cool personalities. That said, they eat invertebrates, so if you rely on snails or hermits for a cleanup crew, you'd probably have a bad time. 

If you don't have lots of snails, a valentini puffer would probably work. I've had a toby spotted puffer for a bit, which is similar, and they generally get along with everything and are formative enough to take care of themselves. They have a pretty hard beak, so a nip on an aggressive sixline would likely get it to back off, especially if he's small, as you've said he is. My puffer currently lives with a pair of clowns. They also have really cool personalities. That said, they eat invertebrates, so if you rely on snails or hermits for a cleanup crew, you'd probably have a bad time.

Darn I love inverts. Plan on having a cleaner shrimp and currently have a peppermint shrimp, a bunch of hermits, fighting conches, and turban snails that are actually spawning like crazy. There's larvae everywhere...