HELP needed to Move 120g Tank

treesprite

I am looking for someone with a pickup or something to help me move a 120g tank, from Boyds to Leisure World.

Tank can't stay in this person's garage/barn anymore because of 2 new motorcycles, so it is sitting outside for birds to mess it up.

I'm hoping for next week either weekday or on Saturday Dec 17.

I can pay for gas, drinks, treat to lunch or dinner if you'd like.

Thank you!

It might take 2 people, because I'm not quite sure if I'm strong enough as a 50+yo female to lift and carry one end of that big tank. Maybe using a dolly and also a board to slide over the steps would make it a lot easier?

Thank you!

Before I arrange anything, I have to tell folks that the place smells embarrassingly bad, because my 15yo cat with dementia and has gone majorly downhill over the past couple months. The cat still gets enjoyment out of life, so I refuse to have him euthanized prematurely just to have the place smell nice. I enclosed an area for him, putting vinyl flooring over the part where there is carpet, use a lot of puppy pads, and I mop/clean his area a few times a day, but odors build up when I'm not home to clean up after him the exact moment it is needed. He was a feral, brought to me by a rescue group at about 9 months old already blind in one eye. Bottom line is, I would like to know that people will be understanding about it, otherwise I will just leave the tank sit outside until the cat dies. The cat is more important than the tank.

So sorry to hear about your cat's health declining. It's been a few years since I've seen him but I remember him being a very nice social cat. I'm sure people will be understanding about the situation. 

I don't think you have ever been at my place to see him.

I'm about done with pets. Can't take the loss anymore it's making feel hardened to things dying. About 3 to 4 years ago, I lost 2 cats a year apart because both had rapid growth cancer, one was only 3 yo and the other was 15 (the only common factor was the suspected presence of environmental toxins, and I was sick a lot, so I had to move out of there; Im surprised this old cat hasn't shown signs of similar cancer to the other cats). A long time ago I went through a really sad situation with a cat that was diabetic, and like a selfish idiot did everything I could to keep her alive... I will never do that to a pet again, which is making me really stressed out with this cat now, wondering and waiting which could take a month or could take a few more years. This old cat got really depressed after losing his cat friends, and has never been the same since they died.

Sorry about talking so much about cats. I think today the emotional impact of dealing with this cat is hitting me for the first time, when I guess I've just been fooling myself with a matter of fact attitude. My tanks are in really bad shape, because I spend most of my home time taking care of the cat or cleaning up after him.

Edited by treesprite

This week has turned out to be too hectic, and weather this Saturday will be bad. Is anyone up for next week, so close to Xmas, or right after Xmas? I guess I should go put a cover over the tank.

• 4 weeks later...

Tank is still sitting outside. Timing with holidays, then the cold weather and illness all caused delays.

Is there anyone with truck/big vehicle available Saturday Jan 21st? Temps supposedly will be around 50 that day, according to AccuWeather.

Tank is still sitting outside. Timing with holidays, then the cold weather and illness all caused delays.

Is there anyone with truck/big vehicle available Saturday Jan 21st? Temps supposedly will be around 50 that day, according to AccuWeather.

I will be out of town that weekend.  Sorry