Tux Urchins

Roca135790

I'm in the process of getting a 40 breeder tank with a 30 or 20 gallon diy sump going. I have my lights, skimmer, return, and pumps ready. I'm almost done building the stand and next I need to get a hold of a tank ($1/gallon sales or try asking in the forums) and baffle up my sump to get the plumbing set as well and the canopy and blah blah blah. Anyways, I've always wanted to get an urchin and this would be a good time to check that off my list. Don't know how much algae there will be to graze but I'm ready to feed it if need be. I'm mostly concerned about them being mini bulldozers. I'm planning on just using super glue to attach all my corals and rockwork so they can't be picked up or moved. I read a few people on Reef2Reef using epoxy but it failing to stop the urchin. Does anyone have any solid way they use to prevent urchins from moving stuff around that they shouldn't?

the right time is when you have enough coraline algae for it to keep itself fed and any nuisance algae that there might be.  as for preventing it from moving corals, you need to glue down all corals in a tank with an urchin.