Found treasure

Joshifer

Someone threw out a fluval spec V! Picked it up off the curb, currently doing a leak test. It's filled with water and in my tub. Hoping it passes. I'd like to put it in my bed room.

Googling the stock light. It's 7000k. I added a blue Chinese tape strip light to it. Adds a nice blue tint. Removes the harsh yellows.

Wondering what corals this would support. Or dare I say a nem.

Oh wow nice. There's one of those at my LFS and it has the teeniest tiniest damsel in it and a huge bush of bright pink Xenia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lucky day! I've seen one at a store in Cleveland where it was full of pulsing xenia, GSP, and some mushrooms. I think there was a toadstool frag in it but it was hard to tell how good it was doing. That thing was jam packed. Pretty sure it had the stock light.

Passed the leak test. Went out and bought live sand and live rock filled it up. It's in my bed room. Love it! So cute.

Idk what to put in it. This stock light is pretty. Bright. I added more blue lights to it. I wanna keep softies in it.

As a heads up, the spec v is configured to hit the spectrum for freshwater planted tanks. The evolution was identical but has the proper k value. A stock spec v may run into algae issues. Still awesome find, I had my eye on one that sold in hrs on craigslist