60G Rimless Cube - FOWLR for now

mpitzer

Good Afternoon Everyone,

After three months of buying equipment and reading, I am finally ready to start setting up the FOWLR aquarium.  I am a little reluctant to set it up now given that I have a 2 week vacation at the end of December but I also assume that it would be a good time to buy some live rock and get it cycled.  Here is a list of what I have so far:

Tank and Stand

16G Sump w/o refugium (Drain section/filter baffles/return section)

Salt

RODI System

250W titanium heater with controller

2 wES MP10s

Reef Octopus 110 SSS

Tunze Recirculation Pump (634 GPH)

Ecotech Radion G3 and tank mount

Vertex Cerebra Prima Controller

Going to buy an ATO this week.  Please advise on any other necessities that I absolutely need before starting the process.  Also, any thoughts on whether it would be a good idea to hold off until after my vacation next month would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Although it might be nice to get it cycling, if it were me, I'd wait till after the vacation beings the setup is so new to you. I would just be paranoid of having a spill or something. It would make the end of the vacation pretty crappy.

To me that seems like a great list of equipment. My personal opinion is that light is probably a bit overkill for FOWLER but if you plan on moving to reef later down the road then it will be great.

I am not planning on running a refugium unless I splurge for a trigger system ruby cube sump.  Right now, my sump doesn't have a refugium area, it has the main drain area where I would put the Reef Octopus 110SSS skimmer, a 1.5" baffled filter area, and a return section.