Eclipse's 34G Rimless Mixed Reef v3.0

After many tank crashes due to equipment failure and neglect I took a bit of a break. Ive decided to come back and get this tank rolling again.

FTS

OkYvaCX.jpg?1

djHlGHi.jpg?1

TANK

Deep Blue shallow 34G rimless RR

LIGHTING

nano box quad

FLOW

Gyre xf130

rio 2500 return

PROTEIN SKIMMER/FILTRATION/REACTORS

Eshopps s-150

BRS dual reactor w/ carbon & GFO

Any plans for fish stock list yet?

I'll be picking up a pair of longfin clowns from BRK. I also want a yasha/pistol combo. Other then that I'm not too sure yet. I'd like to get a mystery wrasse but the tank is a bit small.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Nice looking tank. Really like the aquascaping.

Thanks!

New fts. Still getting used to photographing under leds. I'm not too happy as of now. Haha

hCOExkQ.jpg?1

h1oSo0a.jpg?1

Edited by Dr.eclipse

• 2 weeks later...

Hey nice looking tank man!

thanks! 

some pictures of new corals. again, thanks for the coral Paul.

AhOGZNl.jpg

rVptVYa.jpg

lEXSRP6.jpg

hqnpKlT.jpg

everything in the tank seems to be doing well. I do need a bigger ATO reservoir, im tired of filling it everyday. 

Edited by Dr.eclipse

• 3 weeks later...

traded the nanobox for an 6 bulb ati fixture. colors are much better now. Ive moved some of the corals around for better lighting as some of the sps were browning pretty bad. hopefully they come back in a few weeks.

midas blenny is doing amazingly and is eating like a pig. I added him about a month ago so I think its time for another fish. next up will be long fin clowns, just need to save up the $$$

• 2 weeks later...

Tank looks great and I bet you will love t5s over it, what bulb combo did you go with?

Running 4 blue+, aqua blue special, and Fiji purple.

I wasn't really sure want the best bulb combo was but most the the forums I read said that was a solid combo.

The coral plus are a great bulb, I use them instead of the purple plus. But it's mostly what looks best to you, with that many bulbs you can use whatever you want and get good results.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Looking good but I would move that acro on the right u see the middle of the light were par is highest. That piece if I remember needs good light and flow for sure. It might not make it long off to the side of the fixture.

that piece started to brown when I had it in high light with med flow so I moved it over to lower light. it hasnt gotten worse but it hasnt gotten its color back yet but I am keeping a close eye on both piece I got from you.

all of the frags that you gave me are doing very well and are encrusting very fast.

I also picked up a bunch of zoa frags from epleeds this weekend, sunny D's, raptors rainbows, purple hornets, AOG, rastas, and some uter chaos. Ill try to get some pictures off them all mounted on my soon to be zoa garden.

• 4 weeks later...

that piece started to brown when I had it in high light with med flow so I moved it over to lower light. it hasnt gotten worse but it hasnt gotten its color back yet but I am keeping a close eye on both piece I got from you.all of the frags that you gave me are doing very well and are encrusting very fast.I also picked up a bunch of zoa frags from epleeds this weekend, sunny D's, raptors rainbows, purple hornets, AOG, rastas, and some uter chaos. Ill try to get some pictures off them all mounted on my soon to be zoa garden.

Yea that one needs a lot of light to get it colored. Now that it's aclimated you could start moving it into the light more. They will loose color or brown often after going into an aquarium, especially without really strong light.

• 1 month later...

Small (overdue) update, moved from my mom's place to an apartment. Moving the tank to the third floor was a total pain. New light arms were added. The light sits even now and it's length is easily adjusted. Two jeboa rw4's were added as my gyre decided to poop out shortly after the move. Other then that not much else has changed, some corals didn't make it through the move but most are happy now.

kpLjNJy.jpg

TrYmowG.jpg

gLbI1ZV.jpg

mc7azkx.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...