Help, Frogspawn dying?

Guest naso

Guest naso
:( I am still new to keeping coral, but please help me with my frogspawn. I looked into the tank and one of the clusters of the coral had come off the main trunk, "skeleton, heck I dont know what its called", so I picked up the coral and another cluster fell off, the coral is open and has been thriving, why is it falling off, can you put it back, what do I do? Please give some advice, I have had it for a few months. Misty

- what lights do you have on your tank

- water quality

- feedings on the tank

If the branches broke off, but tissue still looks healthy, then you might just have some nice new frags :p

maybe branches were cracked before you bought it ... grasping here

Guest naso
Alright, I have the hard piece the stalk where the coral was growing from that had three groups of coral, one part of the coral is still there, two of the clusters just fell off, the stalk now looks like a white empty shell, I placed the pieces on a rock so they wont float away, but do I adhere them back to the hard piece or will they just die. I have 55G, JBJ 220 compact with 4 bulbs, everything else is doing fine.

That is pleanty of light. How is the water quality?

Tell more about the tank, age, filter, Skimmer, LR, water source...

You said everything else is fine... but that this is your 1st coral.  Is the "every thing else" fish?  Most fish will do just fine in water that will kill coral.

If the white skeleton is exposed, that head is probably gone.

I had that happen to my Hammer months ago. Due to some kind of infection

that came in with a new specimen, i lost one head. The other 2 were fine, when

i moved it closer to a spot where the water current was strong.

Frogspawn and hammer are all LPS.

-krish

Guest naso
Some extra info, the white skeleton is exposed, but the heads are still open, will they die or can they be attached to something? Infection? How did you treat it? My other corals are fine, I have a hammer, bubble, mushrooms and xenia. Should I be on the lookout for them to get sick