What is growing in my sump?????

DeepBlue45

Can anyone tell me what is growing on the rock in my sump???  It started out only on this one piece of Carib Sea Life Rock that I grabbed from my LFS to get some "seeding" started.  Now it's spread to other areas of the sump and there are small while pods showing up everywhere.  I have yet to see anything in the display but they're throughout the sump and also in my external biopellet reactor.

This tank is approx 4.5 months old and I havent had any other issues except some minor hair algae in the main tank sand bed. Parameters all stable and right where I want them.

Anything to be concerned about?  Should I pull that piece of rock?

Thanks,
Jay

Great, thanks.  Thought that might be the case....especially since the main colony that appeared started growing like crazy a few weeks after I started dosing KZ Sponge Power....go figure.  My last tank was about 10 years ago and only FOWLR but I don't remember seeing anything like this.

I'm a microbiologist by training so if I found this on land I'd be saying fungus or some strange bacteria, most likely toxic so run the other way.....

Appreciate the reply!

Jay