Help!!!! Non emergency.

Joshifer

My aunts been going out buying me random stuff lol aunt purchased a green killing machine. Internal UV sterilizer with power head. Bla bla bla.

Is that over kill for a 6G nano. Or will I benefit from it? I can always return it for $50 bucks and get something else.

Edited by Joshifer

Well it's probably not undersized for the tank, which is usually the case. Can you give us any more details about what you actually got?

(edited)

Well it's probably not undersized for the tank, which is usually the case. Can you give us any more details about what you actually got?

It's not running yet. Didn't take it out of the box yet. Waiting for the LS I ordered to come. And I'm looking for LR.

It's the fluval edge 6G.

So far it has its stock AC20. Stock crappy 7500k blue/white LED. 50 watt heater. And a Aqueon fan type PH 500GPH Which is gonna create a typhoon so I may return it and try to find something smaller. Or maybe I can trade with someone.

Edited by Joshifer

(edited)

Update I returned it. It's way too big and bulky and I don't think I need it on such a small system.

That 500 GPH PH is gonna make a tornado in there. Maybe if I point it at a top corner.

I remember buying these little 92GPH pumps from harbor freight. Ugly little square fountain pump. But if I stick one of those spin nozzles on it. It might do the trick. They look like rio 180s but their like $5 lol

Edited by Joshifer

500gph is definately way too much. My 12g Aquapod has a 295gph (a Maxijet 1200) and it is excessive flow for that tank. Generally if a ph is too strong for a tank, I aim it for the flow to go along the back wall of the tank, which still creates a lot of flow, but does not blow directly on anything.

500gph is definately way too much. My 12g Aquapod has a 295gph (a Maxijet 1200) and it is excessive flow for that tank. Generally if a ph is too strong for a tank, I aim it for the flow to go along the back wall of the tank, which still creates a lot of flow, but does not blow directly on anything.[/quote

Their is no top to this tank. It's all glass and a small hole which is covered. I'm thinking point upwards in a corner. Theirs no water in it yet for me to play with it. But I might go with a 92GPH fountain pump with a swivel nozzle. See how it goes I can't setup til the sand gets here on the 25th.