Crack in bottom frame of my 125

aquamom

So, I was about to start on setting up my 125 and finishing skinning the stand when I saw that I have a crack in the bottom of the frame. One on each side.

That was a disappointing discovery to say the least. So, does anyone have any experience with a cracked bottom frame and if there is a way to repair it? I saw that you can order frames from glasscages.com but only up to 90 gallons. Here are some pics to show better what I'm dealing with.

Thanks for any input in advance!

Dana

5bec2880aab1223bfb25e328210de65b.jpg29f5937a74522605082b223f36fb67fd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can try Quantum Reefs. They were able to find a top frame for my 210, which I ended up not using.

Edited by xabo

You can try Quantum Reefs. They were able to find a top frame for my 210, which I ended up not using.

Ok thanks very much. I'll see what they say.

Not necessarily a big deal, frames are not always support structures. See if it looks like it actually does anything before replacing it.

Well, I thought that may be the case but since it's a 125 I keep having visions of the glass imploding like in that Jaws movie and glass and fish going everywhere. Does anyone know of a way of figuring out if it's structurally necessary? I have found very conflicting information so far everywhere I have looked.