Need help with hanging lights

jon_703

So i have my lights sitting on the glass that covers my tank. I found a nice hanging kit online that screws to the back on the stand. Then i though how am i supposed to screw it to the back if i can't move my tank....fml...

Any suggestions?

98f573c875a9812da175787b4128899c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Yea. Mount them to the ceiling.

Yeah that was my first idea, but the wife doesn't like the way it will look :/

I thought that at one time too but it really will be the cleanest looking option. 

Does the stand have any openings in the back?

I thought that at one time too but it really will be the cleanest looking option. 

Does the stand have any openings in the back?

Yes there are openings in the back.

What would be the cleanest look? Hanging from ceiling?

My wife also didn't care for the "hanging from ceiling look" so I ended up rigging our canopy to hold the lights which has worked very well. It will likely cost a bit more (to buy the canopy if you don't have one) but will pay dividends with the wife.  :thumbsup:

post-2636151-0-27653100-1463237384_thumb.jpg

post-2636151-0-41829100-1463237385_thumb.png

post-2636151-0-44084500-1463237386_thumb.jpg

My wife also didn't care for the "hanging from ceiling look" so I ended up rigging our canopy to hold the lights which has worked very well. It will likely cost a bit more (to buy the canopy if you don't have one) but will pay dividends with the wife. :thumbsup:

Wow did you build that from scratch? Wish i knew carpentry :/

(edited)

Wow did you build that from scratch? Wish i knew carpentry :/

I'm not that talented to build it all myself but I did make the rigging from which to hang everything.  Mine required a little more of the rigging just because of the design (which had a slit for cooling) and the big fan cutouts the previous owner did to cool down his MH lighting.  Nothing that couldn't be fixed and with the spray paint you don't notice it at all

Edited by joro

I'm not that talented to build it all myself but I did make the rigging from which to hang everything. Mine required a little more of the rigging just because of the design (which had a slit for cooling) and the big fan cutouts the previous owner did to cool down his MH lighting. Nothing that couldn't be fixed and with the spray paint you don't notice it at all

Nice. I think if i can find a decent canopy i can setup something to mount it. But to build a full canopy, not sure if i wanna try lol