Can't get my Dendrochirus Zebra to eat!!!

Grinder0909

Hello Members,

I am in the dire straights, I bought a dwarf lionfish a week ago and still has not eaten!  LFS did not get him to eat as I picked him up the day he arrived.  Have been trying to feed him frozen krill but to no avail!  I tried putting it on fishing line and dangling it in front of him, I try feeding him at least 3 to 4 times a day, morning & right after lights go out.  Should I just bite the bullet and put some live food in there for him?

+1 It wont take long, but he needs to associate you as the "bringer of ghost shrimp" then as the "whatever this guy brings me is delicious".

Try some LRS chunky blend (great variety of foods for a hungry little lion) after he's doing good on ghost shrimp for a week or two.  It's too good to resist!

+1 It wont take long, but he needs to associate you as the "bringer of ghost shrimp" then as the "whatever this guy brings me is delicious".

Try some LRS chunky blend (great variety of foods for a hungry little lion) after he's doing good on ghost shrimp for a week or two. It's too good to resist!

Update: Thanks for the replies! Finally bought some ghost shrimp today and he ate 5 of them, poor guy was pretty hungry. I have 2 questions;

1) Ghost shrimp are not his natural prey and are fresh water, but tons of articles say to feed them that, why ghost shrimp?

2) Best way to wean him onto frozen food?

Update: Thanks for the replies! Finally bought some ghost shrimp today and he ate 5 of them, poor guy was pretty hungry. I have 2 questions;

1) Ghost shrimp are not his natural prey and are fresh water, but tons of articles say to feed them that, why ghost shrimp?

Try large frozen krill on a stick. That might tempt him to frozen food.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

1)Readily available live food thats close to his natural prey, you can "gutload" them before feeding to make them a little more nutritious. 

2)Stockholm syndrome. 

Frozen krill's an okay starter food, but don't feed that long term. Make sure you give him a varied diet.