Fish schedule [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

WCorbin82

(edited)

So I haven't blog in a while but I just wanted to update my lil reef journey. I currently upgraded to a DSA 105 rimless from a 50 cube (which will go on sale soon ) but this issue I'm having is rather weird. So I buy fish to enjoy them and watch them live in their environment. I currently have stocked (3)Tangs: Yelllow, Blonde Naso, Blue Hippo all about 4-5 inches in size, (1) Cinnamon Clown who bites me and host my Duncan smh, (1) Purple Stripe Dottyback, (1) Flame Back Angel super aggressive, (1) Foxface and lastly (4) Wrasse: Cleaner, Some type of Fairy, Yellow Coris, Potters Wrasse. Now for the most part all the fish are out and about swimming having fun expect 3 that I've noticed which are the Purple Stripe Dottyback and 2 wrasse Potters and Yellow Coris. Now the Dottyback hides for reason because the Flameback Angel chases him if he shows his face. Which I have no understanding because they are not similar fish but I can say when it's feeding time the Dottyback gets his food and then runs for cover lol. The wrasse have me puzzled. The potters wrasse comes out around 7:45 am and by time I get home at 5:00 he's had enough and go bury in the sand. It's frustrating because he's my favorite fish and I want to watch him. Now the Yellow Coris wrasse is very usual. When I first put him in he buried himself for a whole week. Didn't come out for food or nothing. I thought he died. He came out of hiding around 8:00 pm. So I was happy to see that but mad also because the lights go off at 8:30 pm. And then he goes back to bury himself so I get about 30 mins to watch him . So my question is how can I break this cycle? Can I change my lighting schedule and they stay out? Or is this just their personality? The fairy wrasse is large but he doesn't bother them. It's no bully's in the tank expect the Angel and Clown and that's only towards me. I need some feedback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by WCorbin82

All completely normal. The coris will fix his schedule soon, but it will probably match the potters unfortunately. You can change your light schedule so they have more awake time while you're home; but they are very much early to bed, late to rise. 

How long have you had the dottyback? He might get more confident as he gets older and they've all been used to each other for awhile.

All completely normal. The coris will fix his schedule soon, but it will probably match the potters unfortunately. You can change your light schedule so they have more awake time while you're home; but they are very much early to bed, late to rise.

How long have you had the dottyback? He might get more confident as he gets older and they've all been used to each other for awhile.

All the fish got introduce within 2 week period. Most coming from my 50 cube expect the tangs and wrasse (potters and yellow Coris) the Dotty back and angel was from the same place and introduce the same time

Now Yellow Wrasse comes out at 7:00 pm smh this is crazy why won't he come out during normal now I gotta feed him during these crazy hours smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk