Replacing Live Rock - Bryopsis Help!

TangAdmirer

I need HELP PLEASE!!!

I have had a problem with Bryopsis for quite some time now because I didn't learn the importance of quarantining new things to my tank back when I got started.  

I have tried raising my Magnesium levels to ~1600 and have had very mild success in conjunction with manual removal. I have also tried DinoX aka AlgaeX back before I encountered this problem to eradicate a Dino problem I had at the time. It worked with some consequences that I would prefer not to relive.

So, now I am considering replacing the live rock in my tank to say screw it and try fresh. I do have a range of LPS and SPS in my tank that I can remove off the rocks that are free of the nuisance algae and some that would require some dipping and quarantine before being replaced. 

The worry I have is how is this going to effect my tank? I have my Nitrate, Nitrite, Phosphate, and Ammonia levels to the point of being undetectable and I don't want to replace the current live rock with new live rock (cured live rock, from LFS) and send those levels from nothing to something killing off my Coral and Livestock. 

Thoughts? Suggestions? 

When i first started i had algae issues as well. My tank was a mess with Dino and algae growing covering corals . we covered our tank and let to black it out for three days. The corals were unharmed and the algae disappeared but later came back. We let three weeks go by and did the same as well as heavy water changes. But there was some algae still left. It was not until i added a dual reactor that i saw a complete change in the tank. Carbon and GFO. Ever since then i no longer have had any issues. I change the two reactors each month. 

I wouldn't replace LR: I would get chemistry under control. Your po4 and nitrate are low only because the bryopsis. Agree with carbon and gfo reactors and elevating Mg with Kent Tech M. Frequent water exchange. Feed less food. Spend $$$ you would have spent on LR on upgrading the skimmer. $0.02

(edited)

Raise Mg to 2100 and all of the Bryopsis will be gone.

x2, I followed this advice, kept it there for 3 weeks, consistent weekly wc's, added GFO, hasn't returned in 12 months!

Edited by londonloco