Anemone doesn't wanna open

Jhead85

My anemone has only opened a few times since I moved my tank to my new place in the last 3 weeks. Tank is a 29 bio cube. Done two water changes since I moved it. Nothin else is affected. All soft and hard corals are ok. Fish shrimp crabs all doing great. Water parameters are in line. Tested for nitrates last night and there at a big zero. Before I moved the tank he opened up everyday. He is still in the exact same spot as before the move. Any ideas fellow reefers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are very finicky as long as it's health looks ok I wouldnt worry. Mine nems have done this for extended periods. (Not 3 weeks) could be trying to re settle in.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I also notice if I'm moving stuff around an nick it it'll stay reletively closed until it heals itself

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yeah let it settle in. Don't mess with anything. I thought I was going to lose mine then all the sudden a week later I had two. so hopefully  its in process of splitting.

• 2 weeks later...

Still no progress with my anemone. Still hasent opened up. He's still in the same spot. I've checked everything possible. Water is great. Everything else is doing great besides him any ideas

Can you take current a photo of it?

My experience is that when an anemone is unhealthy/dying, it will closed up and swallow it's tentacles and eventally shrinked and disappeared.

The spot it's in I can't get a picture. It's not swollong its tentacles nore has ever moved in a year since I put him in the tank. He is just shrunk as small as he could shrink. And hasent opened up in almost two weeks now. I'm puzzled and stumped lol

Is it hosting the clownfish? Clownfish maybe too rough on it and caused it to remain closed. If the clownfish are harassing it, try to isolate it from the clownfish until it healthy again.

Normally, I don't feed my nems. they usually get food from the clownfish or whatever flow around.

You can try given a small piece of shrimp ever 3 to 4 days to see if it improve.  

The clowns have hosted it for the last year with no problems. Just when I moved the tank to my new house he just hasent been the same but everything else is ok

Still no luck on my anemone. Can't figure out y he does not open up. Checked and tried everything I can think of. He still has not moved in a year still in the original spot. He inflated just a little at times and then goes back down to nothin.