Can someone ID this goby/blenny?

AUFishGuy

It is paired with a pistol shrimo at the LFS but they dont know what it is? Sorry for the picture quality.

download_20160130_115706_zpssmdde7np.jpg

Edited by AUFishGuy

Looks like an occelated dragonet, but it wouldn't be living with a shrimp in a hole. Saying that because I'm looking at pictures and it looks more like the dragonet than the goby, at least as far as I can compare to a picture that is fuzzy (I have had the dragonets, but not the gobies, so my first guess was dragonet; the pics I saw of the white cheek gobies looked like the fish has areas of cheek with no pattern, while the fish in your picture seems to have the pattern going over the cheek area.

Edited by treesprite

Looks like an occelated dragonet, but it wouldn't be living with a shrimp in a hole. Saying that because I'm looking at pictures and it looks more like the dragonet than the goby, at least as far as I can compare to a picture that is fuzzy (I have had the dragonets, but not the gobies, so my first guess was dragonet; the pics I saw of the white cheek gobies looked like the fish has areas of cheek with no pattern, while the fish in your picture seems to have the pattern going over the cheek area.

Its hard to tell from the pic.  The cheek area does look whitish and the pattern fades.  Could be a hybrid.  They do happen sometimes

Did you have a chance to observe it's behavior? If so, was it actually staying near the shrimp and/or burrowing in the sand?  

(edited)

So it looks like this may be a Y-Bar goby,Cryptocentrus fasciatus. Below os a better picture. Definitely paired with the shrimp and they were sharing the same burrow at the lfs

20160130_232804_zpsjpl04foc.jpg

Edited by AUFishGuy