Electric and heaters

Customride0105

Ok so during this wonderful blizzard I decided to do water change on the 450 all went as normal no spilled water but noticed a little current running threw the tank w.t.h checked ground probe all good well. This after noon 15 hrs later go down in the basement chdck out the tank and no lights on.. so I notice the one battery backup working. Ok I just tripped something some how checked gfi yep turn it all back on stick my hand in the sump got the crap shocked out of me.it tripped again. So unplugged everything started with the essensionals return pump all good. Next 1000w heater zap nailed again unplug it thank fully I have 2 new spares. So try new one zap get nailed again unplug. Tru 3rd new one zap got hit again. I'm lost so I plug everything else in. This set up hasn't been changed in a year soo. How is it 2 new heaters be bad (no controler)...I tought maybe too much stuff on one curcit. So I ran a extension cord from another curcit to try it. Well zap I got hit again. Ok I'm at a loss nothing has changed nothing was different from now and a yr ago. Any one have any ideas what could be going on?

My tank is ran off of 2 plug outlets different curcits w gfi.

Plug one has 1

Battery backup

2 mp60

1 mp 40

Plug 2 has

Return pump blue line 100

3 evergrows

1 1000w heater

1 protine skimmer pump blue line 40

Now I have a backup of 300w trying to keep it warm Temps are low.

Fish were all on the bottom not doing well but as of 2 min ago all were swimming around like nothing happened but one 12 inch rabbit.

Is there any better ground probes that work better than others. And any one reccomend a new heater rite now I have 2 jbj 1000w and I will never buy another jbj product

could some water have splashed onto or near the power strip/wall plug that you use for the heater, there by conducting current only along the heater cable? (just a thought).

I tought maybe it was water also.. but I ran a cord from 3 rooms over to it (bathroom gfi different circuit)

Same thing 3 jbj 1000 watt heaters all socking.

I noticed. I just fragged all my sps so had about 30 frags all high dollar died..colonys are just fine all fish are fine too much stress for the fresh frags

Can you test the heaters by putting them into a stand alone tank with water so that they are completely removed and isolated from the other things in your tank? I'm wondering if it could be something like an outlet going bad, possibly a bad neutral line or something that is allowing electricity in through some other component and is attracted to the grounding capacity of the heater. Although I'm not sure if the body of that titanium heater is actually tied to the ground on its cord.