The Living Seas

emissary

So I was at Epcot yesterday and of course HAD to go by the Living Seas. Not too shabby. I was hoping there'd be more reef stuff, but at least there was some. What I loved the most was that they had a researcher there doing... something -- behind an array of small tanks filled with tank-raised fish, and a pair of coral propagation tanks complete with reef plugs and eggcrate. They even had a sign talking about coral propagation and it's importance. That was fantastic.

We also had dinner at the Coral Reef ... which didn't have much in the way of reefyness, but we were sitting directly adjacent to the 57-million gallon tank complete with (the ever popular) lookdown fish, grouper, a few triggers, sharks, stingrays, and at least one very large sea turtle. ... and a bunch of divers :)

Those of you who travel with children -- and really, even if you don't, check out Turtle Talk. My 2 year old AND my 11 month old were transfixed.

So I was at Epcot yesterday and of course HAD to go by the Living Seas. Not too shabby. I was hoping there'd be more reef stuff, but at least there was some. What I loved the most was that they had a researcher there doing... something -- behind an array of small tanks filled with tank-raised fish, and a pair of coral propagation tanks complete with reef plugs and eggcrate. They even had a sign talking about coral propagation and it's importance. That was fantastic.

We also had dinner at the Coral Reef ... which didn't have much in the way of reefyness, but we were sitting directly adjacent to the 57-million gallon tank complete with (the ever popular) lookdown fish, grouper, a few triggers, sharks, stingrays, and at least one very large sea turtle. ... and a bunch of divers :)

Those of you who travel with children -- and really, even if you don't, check out Turtle Talk. My 2 year old AND my 11 month old were transfixed.

I have been going to Disney for the past 6 years and every single year we have dinner at the Coral Reef and of course spend almost a day hanging out at the Living Seas. Highly recommended.

Guest mikesroth

Hmmmm I will have to keep this in mind, as I am attending a conference down in Disney next month. The hotel is apparenlty right near Epcot, I will make sure I send Jen and the Kids over. :)

yeap. that is the first place I go when in Epcot, is the only way to sell the idea to my two children (6 and 3) to go into EPCOT,... cause you know they say it is boring.... :rollface: