Loco's tank

londonloco

Some older pics, but basically my set up, I've added a few sps frags, not sure my tank will support them, so going slow with them:

Full tank shot:

032206-4a.jpg

Left side: (can't find the right side pic)

032206-17a.jpg

Hitchhiker, I call him the "creature from the sea". I was having a hair algae problem. Caught him in my fuge, put him in my main tank. Hair algae is almost all gone. But so is some of my zoos and coraline algae. I think he knows I'm trying to catch him to put him in my fuge again..he's not cooperating :cry:

032306-5.jpg

Leather coral:

032206-15.jpg

Candy cane: (see, photobucket and loco have this constant battle with sizing!)

032206-6.jpg

Branching Hammer that broke off into three separate pieces. I super glued them back on the skeleton. Not bad for a glue job!

032206-5.jpg

My Crocea clam, I'm not real happy with it's color:

032206-3.jpg

Sponge and tubatraea:

032206-12.jpg

Night shot of my open brain:

032306-1.jpg

Cats Paw? I think......

032206-13.jpg

Keyna Tree, I have lots of babies if anyone wants to trade...

032206-7.jpg

Star Polyps: I can frag these also if anyone is interested:

032206-16a.jpg

Teddy bear crab hitchhiker I've had for over a year now. I've tried to catch him, finally gave up, if I keep him fed he's a good boy...so far:

062606-10.jpg

One of the few impulse buys I've done: Achilles Tang. I know, I know, stupid of me. But he was eating at BRK and he was so beautiful. I've had him over 2 months. We have ich about 3x a week, so far, my cleaner shrimp have been doing their job. We've been ich free for about a week now...yipeee!

032206-8.jpg

That's about it. I've been reefing about 15 mths. I still surf the boards constantly. I'm adding an 18" canopy to put the MH pendants, some actinics and moonlights in. Am I the only mom that is getting reef lighting equipment for mothers day? :smokin:

PS I'm a terrible speller, does Wamas not have spell check?

Geez,

Hate to see what your tank looks like when you "know" what your doing? :D

Great tank and pics!!!!

Howard

Looking good Loco

I agree with Howard, at 15 months i hope mine is looking that good

Keep up the good work and the posting of pics

Anton

Gee thanks all. But it's really all trial and error. Now don't get me wrong, I've had freshwater tanks for, well, probably longer than most of you have been alive. But this reef tank is a new endevor. I read, every night..and then some hours during the day. And I understand 1/2 of it 1/2 the time. So I read more and eventually it sinks in. If it wasn't for boards like this, rc and pufferforum, I'd be lost. Thanks again..loco

Great tank Loco! :cheers: I really miss my 120g......but soon my 65g will be migrating to a larger tank.

Let me know if you want to trade anything (I'm in Woodbridge, right on the manassas line). I have a colt coral, some super green zoos, yellow polyps and pink and green frogspawn.

Again, great job!