Its that time of year again....

sethsolomon

Hey guys!  Its the time of year again when I need to change bulbs.  Just querying to see what people are running on there tanks.

Looking for input from people using SE halides.

I am currently running 400w 20k radiums.

Thanks!

depends what you're doing with your tank. are you in grow, grow, grow mode or are in full on color mode? or are you one who believes you can have the best of both worlds and adopt a hybrid of multiple technologies in lighting to get you there? depends what you're trying to do for the "best" bulb on what ballast, yea?

Thinking of swapping to grow mode. As for ballasts I have a good selection. I have pfo pulse starts, lumatek 250-400 hqi electronic, ice cap 400 electronic, and blue wave magnetic ballasts.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thinking of swapping to grow mode. As for ballasts I have a good selection. I have pfo pulse starts, lumatek 250-400 hqi electronic, ice cap 400 electronic, and blue wave magnetic ballasts.

a true gear junky. love it, haha. the blue waves are a nice grab. I wish a few more m80s.

250 14k 400W is not needed. VHO ATI blue plus .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

yah I am kinda a gear hoarder.   Any grow bulb recommendations?

for growing, ushio 10000K or XM 10000k is what I've had great experience with. the former being slightly more yellow sometimes a lot more depending on ballast selection. I'd probably run the XM on the blue waves or luxcore selectables.

for growing, ushio 10000K or XM 10000k is what I've had great experience with. the former being slightly more yellow sometimes a lot more depending on ballast selection. I'd probably run the XM on the blue waves or luxcore selectables.

with the XM 10k's  have you ever had a problem with them firing?   if not what ballasts would you run them on?

This is based on PAR readings. That is the tale of the tape

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk