Green water after 5- day blackout. Help needed.

WheresTheReef

I have been dealing with dinos for a little while. Finally decided to do a 5 day blackout, as a previous 3 day blackout a couple months ago did nothing. Now the water has a green tint presumably from free floating algae as I plan to ramp up my lights. What should I do to clear this up? I have around 25g of saltwater for a water change. I also have carbon and gfo on hand if it helps. I haven't feed any food to the tank in 2 months as my fish is in QT.

I have a mixture of sps, lps and softies in the 90g tank and don't want to kill them off.

Different subject but you need to be ghost feeding tank to keep bacteria levels up. How old is this tank sounds like what they all go through before settling in after 6 months or so.

Did a 20g water change today. Bought an underpowered uv at petsmart since that's what they had. Started dosing h2o2 a couple days ago at 1ml/10g. Just started today with blue channel LEDS for 8 hrs/day. Plan on running lights like this for this week and then add to the white channel little by little.

The tank upgrade is < 6 months so trying to get through all this crap.

I dosed h2o2 for about 5 days then quit. I'm running an undersized in-tank uv sterilizer and will continue for at least a month or so. The green water has passed and so far no signs of dinos. Running just blue LEDs for a few more days then will start ramping up the white led channel every 3-4 days. Will also ramp up the T5 supplements after the white channel is at its final level. Don't want to rush the lights.