I'm moving to DC

Guest eaglecbr

Guest eaglecbr

Well, actually northern VA, but close enough. I've got a summer internship in DC, which should be a lot of fun. I was looking at nano-reef and found this website.

Here's some info on my tanks(any recommendations would be great):

I started a 5gallon tank about 2 years ago. Its pretty empty except for some rock and a clown fish and a small clean-up(2 hermits, 2 snails). My clown(his names bozo) has been doing great for 2 yrs now, despite many long car trips. I did get tree coral(i think thats what it is) awhile back which seems to be doing pretty good. I have 20W 50/50, microjet, and a large Aqualclear filter on the back. I wanted to put a small fuge in the filter, but never got around to it. Anyways, I've been really happy with the tank, easy maintence and fun to watch between doing my homework and sleeping.

I saw the Pico contest at nano-reef awhile back and decided to start a AGA 2.5 gallon tank for just small corals. Its only been running for about 3 weeks now. I've got a small HOB filter, heater, and 18W(10K, 50/50) light above the tank. Its got a few small peices of rock and white substrate in it so far. When I get up to DC, I was going to add some small coral frags if I could find some on my college budget. No really good coral stores in the Raleigh, NC area, so hopefully I can find something in the Northern VA area. If anyone can help me out this summer, I'd greatly appreciate it....and even though I don't have anything to swap, I'd pay what I can for it.

Well thats about my tanks, their not much, but oh well. Look forward to moving up to DC. Thanks

Chris

Welcome :)

You should definitly check out the meetings there are always good frags to be had cheap...

Also if you are looking for a good LFS... Blue Ribbon Koi, and Fins and Feathers are places to check out. Both are in the Northern VA area and both participate regularly here at the forums...

There is a discount for membership for students (which makes meetings free as well as giving you access to members only trading sections, etc).

Dave

Guest eaglecbr

Thanks for the info, I'll definitely check those LFS's out. Any update on when/where the next meeting will be. Looks like I just missed the last one....oh well.

Chris

I belive it's the 20th of May.... Don't quote me on that, but I'm pretty sure that's when it is...

Dave

I belive it's the 20th of May.... Don't quote me on that, but I'm pretty sure that's when it is...

Dave

The meeting is going to be held on the 20th of May.