What lights can work with this particular tank?

mr11

I'm trying to figure out what lights can work with this tank. 

There is a lip surrounding the top of the tank that is 1.75" on the sides, 1.5" on the front and back, and a 4" middle support. I'm thinking because of the wide support I need two smaller lights to avoid shadow but I'm not sure since the middle support is clear acrylic. 

I want to avoid hanging the lights and would like some on the tank mount. Will goosenecks for kessil or so other mounting hardware fit on this tank with the lip like that? Would a pair of a160w work for this tank? 

As for lights I'm looking for LED's with a max budget of around $500. Finding something that fits my tank (36 x 15 x 21) that is within my price rang (ie not Hydras or some other top end lights) has been difficult so any recommendations are welcome. 

Thanks in advance!

post-2636009-0-66549400-1446588395_thumb.jpg

I really like the Ocean Revive fixtures.  Two S026's would fit nicely (or you can get the ones with a controller for a little more.)  A couple of kessils would probably also do well.  

Yeah I was looking at those as well. I'm not sure how the mounts actually work, are they compatible with that thick edge around the top of my tank?

You can get 2 of the electrical conduit and bend it yourself like a L shape at lowes or homedepot for cheap and attach them to your stand. you can hang whatever light you like on them. 

• 4 weeks later...

You can get 2 of the electrical conduit and bend it yourself like a L shape at lowes or homedepot for cheap and attach them to your stand. you can hang whatever light you like on them.

This is probably your best bet.

I don't think you need to worry too much about shadowing from the center brace. What kind of tank are you looking to keep (i.e. FOWLR, mixed reef, SPS-dominated, etc.)? That's going to have a major impact on the intensity and distribution of your lighting. For example, I've got a pair of AquaticLife 8000164s on my FOWLR. They're low-profile, sit right on the rim of the tank, and very inexpensive (~$100 for both) - but they would be wholly inadequate for anything other than fish.

As for hanging the lights, this:

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2009-04/diy/index.php

As long as you are not trying to do an all acropora tank, 2 china black boxes should do the trick:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SunSpect-165W-LED-Aquarium-Light-For-SPS-LPS-Coral-Reef-Full-Spectrum-Dimmable-/281553749262?hash=item418de9450e:g:JYIAAOSwFnFV-oNL

Thanks guys, I ended up going with a reefbreeder photon 32 which has leg mounts that work for me. It seems plenty bright and have great coverage. The center brace does not appear to be a problem either. I don't have corals yet so we will see how that goes.