Uploading images?

thakki

I have seen people uploading some nice pictures with high resolution on this forum...I could never figure it out how to...I always get a msg back as image is too big...and also looks like there is a limit on total size and number of images you can post in a thread. Any suggestions?

First, don't attach the photo to your post. Instead, host the photo somewhere else and embed the image by linking to it. Most people use photobucket or some other place to host the image, but you can also use a WAMAS gallery to host it.  It's really easy to embed an image if you're using Tapatalk because they host the image on their server and automatically link to it in your post.

See this pinned post for directions that I put together a while back.

Thank you. I have tried uploading pictures to "my gallery" on this forum and inserting them in my threads...but thats where I see lot of restrictions on the file size and number of files. I have seen people ask for better pictures in the past...thats the reason I wanted to see if I was missing some feature. I see a lot of folks on this forum are able to post really high quality pictures...wonder if they are using external links like from photobucket. Never tried external links...I will give it a shot. 

Yes. There are file size limits here. I can't recall how large the file can be in the gallery. It could be something like 2 MB which, in most cases, should be OK. (To keep things reasonable in size, I'll take my source image and use a right-click photo-resizer to bring it down to something that's reasonable for screen display because most camera images have way more resolution than is needed here.)