Getting out of the Hobby: I need to sell my tank :-( 120 gallon dual overflow reef

faerieannette

Hello reefers,

Due to some really terrible circumstances  I am loosing my house and need to sell my tank.  I want to make sure it goes to a good home and I need to get as much money as possible for it and all of the equipment because I have many medical bills.

Its  120 gallons.  It's a great size about 4 feet wide and 2 feet deep.  It has dual overflows with pumps and custom LED lights.  It is full of well colonized lightweight porous live rock.    

Eshopps AEO18040 Hp Cone Skimmer for Aquarium Water Pump, 120-Gallon

5 rbtas

yellow tang "Sunny"

scooter blenny "Benny"

PJ cardinal "Hal"

royal gramma "Elisabeth" 

purple dottyback "Violet"

2 blue damsels  "Winkin and Blinkin"

1 black and white stripe damsel with a white spot on his forehead "Cyclops"

I also have a  RODI unit  I will include 

80lbs of salt 

I would like to get $2k for everything

thankspost-2632848-0-45788000-1442089152_thumb.jpg 

Faerieanette,

It is sad to hear of your medical hardship and that it forces you to sell your tank and house.  If I were in the buying phase I would seriously consider your nice setup.

I wish you the best of luck and an end to whatever hardship has currently affected your life.   Hopefully you can give the club a positive update at some point in the future.

Faerieanette,

It is sad to hear of your medical hardship and that it forces you to sell your tank and house.  If I were in the buying phase I would seriously consider your nice setup.

I wish you the best of luck and an end to whatever hardship has currently affected your life.   Hopefully you can give the club a positive update at some point in the future.

Dave your reply is very sweet; it made me tear up.  Thank you.  I have always wanted  a reef since I was a little girl. I spent 4 years getting this tank together.  My hope is that it goes to a good home and someday I will be able to start again.

thank you

Good luck with your sale. It sounds like a great set up. For what it's worth, if you are in a hurry you may have better luck selling everything individually. It's not the way any of us ever want to sell because so much work goes into getting it just right but it's hard to sell full setups for even a third of what you have invested.

Join WAMAS when you get back on your feet. It's a great club with tons of support. And build a little pico tank when you have the bandwidth. They are easy, inexpensive and tons of fun. Heck, you can put a couple of sexy shrimp in a goldfish bowl with a tiny pump and a piece of live rock rubble.

sexy shrimp in a goldfish bowl sound really cute!

Good luck with your sale. It sounds like a great set up. For what it's worth, if you are in a hurry you may have better luck selling everything individually. It's not the way any of us ever want to sell because so much work goes into getting it just right but it's hard to sell full setups for even a third of what you have invested.

Join WAMAS when you get back on your feet. It's a great club with tons of support. And build a little pico tank when you have the bandwidth. They are easy, inexpensive and tons of fun. Heck, you can put a couple of sexy shrimp in a goldfish bowl with a tiny pump and a piece of live rock rubble.

• 1 month later...

I might be interested in one or two of your rbta's depending on size and cost, you can PM me with some close ups and costs.  Sorry to hear about your troubles and hope you can make it back to the hobby we all love soon.