Sun's DB30g Shallow Rimless

SunWyrm

Pardon the mess... lots of construction plus a temporary inhabitant in the tank... ninja.gif 

gGF4UOy.png
xyDgmeF.png

How much the encrusting gorgonian has taken over 

fQf6KCc.png

Frag rack has been overtaken by xenia... 

z7ITPLb.png

Fuge/New skimmer!  biggrin.png Look at the growth on some of those mangroves!

UQTZ2AP.png

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my hubby his favorite fish: Toby puffer!

V9eO1Fs.png

And Ham the pygmy hawk was not impressed there's another camera hog in town...

4MXyCRA.png
sJnRvAe.png

But he's still the best at posing for pics, even if my skills and camera phone are lacking.

dQR7ps2.png
UghfTUW.png

The rest of the gang gives it a good try

9BSZZB7.png

6OeO22k.png

gb5nqSS.png

BzPn609.png

The "temporary resident" baby zebra eel (she almost eats more than my adult snowflake did! and much more often)

i2IREgi.png

I always forget to update this thread, hence the photo dump  :cool: Was productive this weekend and bought a couple of white brute trashcans to redo my waterchange station, and added some black sand to the 90.

Here's my dry aquascape.

Clock is off on the lights, hence the difference in color, but I thought it was cool for photos:

etSA5UD.png

Lots of caves (plus one very large eel cave!)
7yIr2bY.png

I've wanted to use this giant acro in a scape for a long time. It was upside down in my 180, but that doesn't do it justice. 

03qR7e6.png

tall tower from my 360 build that I made even taller

zSbrfCk.png

from the side
FROHAfr.png

tjHJHC8.png

ncQc2IK.png

My goal was to make it as swim-space friendly as possible with an open 'scape with lots of places to do some continuous cruising (at least as much as you can with 4' to work with). My tangs used to love racing around the turns I made in my 360 and wanted to incorporate that same feeling here (and used a lot of the same rocks!). 

Really wanted that feeling of a drop off tank, but also needed a nice cave system for an eel (and this one's pretty sweet) and was inspired by pics of caves with beams of light shining through. Can't tell in these pics as I have my lights sitting haphazardly on the tank, but the light comes through the back on the right side pretty well. It turned out how I pictured in my head, so that's a bonus. 

And I know those scratches are going to drive me nuts!  angry.png

Fuzzy dwarf lion was feeling photogenic over the weekend. It's the "QT" so I don't algae wipe often, but top down is her best angle anyway.

Sfup8YK.jpg

P0k8OWJ.jpg

Astrea snail for reference

YVVrZfM.jpg

juIoe9R.jpg

5v6BJ4v.jpg