Spotted Mandarins

VKernus

Just picked up my mated pair of spotted mandarins from ERC.  They are beautiful fish!  After a period of acclimation, I introduced them to the tank and they almost immediately started eating.  After a short period of exploration, they found one another and seem to be quite a happy couple.  Can't thank ERC enough! 

• 3 weeks later...

Feed feed feed! I've not personally had success with one mandarin in a tank that is under a year old. Look into Paul B style feeders, as that seems to be the best solution for constant feeding and long term success that I have read about. 

Marcos does great work with the QT and getting fish onto frozen, but mandarins eat more than you can feed, unless you can feed all day long! Wishing you success! 

rob is taking care of the tank and was consulted for the go-ahead as I like to ensure all my client's are set up for success whenever possible. you're right in that I always recommend their natural diet of pods should be made available to these guys all day long.

most folks especially with these species are enjoying our monthly (or however frequent they feel necessary) deliveries of cultured tisbe and tigriopus pods (and the phyto to keep them fed well too). helps with "newer" tanks and/or folks who just want to keep up with their population.

Just picked up my mated pair of spotted mandarins from ERC.  They are beautiful fish!  After a period of acclimation, I introduced them to the tank and they almost immediately started eating.  After a short period of exploration, they found one another and seem to be quite a happy couple.  Can't thank ERC enough!

just seeing this - thanks sir!

rob is taking care of the tank and was consulted for the go-ahead as I like to ensure all my client's are set up for success whenever possible. you're right in that I always recommend their natural diet of pods should be made available to these guys all day long.

most folks especially with these species are enjoying our monthly (or however frequent they feel necessary) deliveries of cultured tisbe and tigriopus pods (and the phyto to keep them fed well too). helps with "newer" tanks and/or folks who just want to keep up with their population.

I knew you'd have your bases covered! Glad to hear you guys are delivering pods also! What don't you dabble in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk