where to get light fixture repaired

astroboy

Hello all,

I have a CF light over a freshwater planted tank in which two of the four bulbs are not lighting up. 

Does anyone know of a place that repairs aquarium lights near Vienna?

Thanks!

Thanks everyone.

I'll take it apart and if nothing is obviously wrong I'll swap out the ballast if it's not too expensive. This is sort of a  high end light, about $250.

A 250$ compact fluorescent..? Wow

+1  and replacement bulbs will cost the same as the fixture.  PC's are being phased out.  I recommend buying a freshwater LED for that same $250.

Thanks everyone.

I'll take it apart and if nothing is obviously wrong I'll swap out the ballast if it's not too expensive. This is sort of a  high end light, about $250.

I have quite a few bits and pieces lying around, so give me a PM when you know what kind of ballast you need.  I am a huge fan of CF lights for planted tanks, in part because lamp prices have gone way down now that LEDs are taking over.

PC lights are easy to fix and the bulbs are super cheap on ebay. I replaced my 55 watt balast for my 48" light with a $14 ballast from Amazon and it worked perfectly. Took 10 minutes to replace it that was 4 years ago and it has been working daily every since.