2way light timer

Jhead85

Looking for a 2 way light timer so I can plug my main light and a future moonlight in together without buying two single one plug light timers..that way both lights r on the same timer but can set each plug for different times..like in the am moonlight for couple hours then main light and at night the normal light goes out and moon comes back on for a few.. Anyone know what I should buy

just buy a single timer for the main light. moonlight is a gimmick- most fish/corals/etc need darkness to grow properly. 

If seeking true 'moonlight', go with a single xmas tree bulb.

The below one is great, I've had it for over 5 years no problems.

Also there is a lot of research to suggest that proper moon lighting does wonders for coral. It is thought to be very important for coral breeding. I don't think it is a gimmick. I have the "actual" moon light controller from digital aquatics that mimicks the actual phases of the moon in both intensity and time including full moon and no moon days. Not to mention it makes the tank look cool at night!

http://www.amazon.com/Coralife-01692-Digital-Power-Center/dp/B000CMKHR2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1439217890&sr=8-1&keywords=aquarium+power+strip

Don't spend the money on a brand-name reef light timer. Go to Home Depot to the electrical section and you can find exactly what you need for $10-$15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been using those timers for about a decade now and you may have to adjust the time every couple months to get it back accurate (will get off a few minutes) but they will last forever. Once upon a time I spent more money on a coral life timer and my halides burned it up - never again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk