Coral switched from a Kessil tank to Photon tank. Not happy.

One fish

Hey WAMAS. First of all, thank you for being such a great group and willing to help other members/reefers out!

I Have a 20 gallon tank. It has a sky blye 150 kessil on it and my frogspawn LOVE it! They grow very well and look extreamly nice. I fragged a piece and put it in my 30 gallon that has a Reefbreaders photon fixture on it and it is just not doing well. My sps and little kenya tree coral are not doing well either. I know it is a lighting isuee because my paremeters are in check and on point. Do you think I am running the light too high or too low? I had it on 100% and have now changed it to 30% because I thought maybe I was burning the corals and the Reefcentral forum told me to acclimate starting at 30% max. But if it came from a kessil should it already be acclimated to high light? or is the Photon stronger? Sorry for the long list of questions that might be confusing. I just cant get my corals to grow and be happy like they were under the kessil. Thanks a lot!! :wig:

I'm pretty sure the photons are way more powerful than a 150. I would stay around 30% rand and ramp up to about 60% over about 3 weeks. Shouldn't need to go higher than 60%

Wow Really? Awesome, thats a lot guys. I wish the clubs par reader was available right now. I really appreciate the advice. Hopefully they will bounce bakc because I was not aware and had both channels on 100% for a few days. I will keep them on the sand bed and at about 30%

Wow Really? Awesome, thats a lot guys. I wish the clubs par reader was available right now. I really appreciate the advice. Hopefully they will bounce bakc because I was not aware and had both channels on 100% for a few days. I will keep them on the sand bed and at about 30%

Lol.. holy smokes!! Yea most people keep whites 2/3 that of blue. So like 30% blues 10% whites. But it's really preference I would start at 30/10 and work up.