Hermit Crab Shack

Sharkb8

I recently bid for and won (purchased) a mixed set of 100 hermit crab shells from

http://stores.ebay.com/The-Hermit-Crab-Shack

Just wanted to say the shipping was fast, the selection was pretty good, but a little on the "too large" side, thus eliminating about 25% of the shells, and the price was the best. I researched throughout the entire internet and aside from purchasing bulk lots of shells, many of which would be useless to hermits, this was the best deal (except for begging for shells from local shops which are not so local for me). The shells were very colorful. Some of them were chipped or had holes drilled in them, but the crabs don't seem to mind. Several of my crabs have already found neat new homes.

some LFS will give empty shells for free, at least that has been my experience with Marince Scene, and you can pick the once you like and how many. Also, I got a lot of them I throw away once the snails die or the crabs move into other shells.

So next time, ask around and you probably get some for free

I bought from them before as well. Got 200 shells, a lot called "small-medium" and a lot called "large". Threw hem in my tank behind the rockwork - place for pods to prolifirate as well. In 2 month my hermits grew to the point when they started picking large shells.

I agree it's free in some stores but I can not imagine picking 200... ( I have ~50 hermits)