Favorite way to keep water polished and crystal clear?

With my 105, I've noticed my water has been clearer than ever. I've always been a fan of the KISS method (or KIS if we are going to be PC.) I've always, like ridetheducatti said, used live rock, and additionally heavily skimmed. The only thing I am doing different this go around is running filter socks. The only reason I'm doing that, is because the spot is built into my sump. It really does make a difference, but it is certainly another chore to keep up on.

here's a way to turn it into Not A Chore- cut the bottoms off the filter socks and never change them. This makes for a nice bubble trap and another place for cryptic species to grow. Doesn't filter out all that good plankton floating around your system.

here's a way to turn it into Not A Chore- cut the bottoms off the filter socks and never change them. This makes for a nice bubble trap and another place for cryptic species to grow. Doesn't filter out all that good plankton floating around your system.

Ive never thought of this. Seems like a decent idea. How long have you done this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I have a 300 that I maintain that's full of coral and 34 fish. water is always clear from a mesh bag of carbon, filter sock has turned a nice shade of brown/grey, no bubbles or salt creep. Been like this for 3 years no issues.

Great idea. I took my filter sock off and was dealing with the bubbles and creep. I will give this a shot for sure.