algae infested zoas frag

sen5241b

Ive dipped alot of frags in h2o2 and never lost one. Sorry to hear this

You can always do a freshwater dip as well. I always use rodi and make sure its the same temp of the tank water and let them soak a minute or so then place them back in the tank.

Ive dipped alot of frags in h2o2 and never lost one. Sorry to hear this

You can always do a freshwater dip as well. I always use rodi and make sure its the same temp of the tank water and let them soak a minute or so then place them back in the tank.

You dipped zoas in pure h2o2 for one minute?

I usually do a liberal mix of both water (ro/di) and peroxide and then do a swirl and sit for about 30 seconds. Then I rinse in ro/di water, and put back in the tank. I've had zoas melt before from it, but not often.

About 6 months ago I had to tear down my tank due to hair algae and scrub everything with a H2O2 solution, also dipped my frags. I had 2 things in my whole tank that did not survive. I think it is species dependent as well as the overall health of said coral. That being said, I have not seen a single strand of hair algae since then, and I had been losing a VERy hard  battle with it since i switched to leds. Next time try diluting it just a tad more if your worried, It doesn't take much to kill the algae. 

Not pure h202 just pure rodi.

The most h202 was a 50/50 mix for a minute or two. I have taken a syringe of pure h202 turnned off all circulation and soaked an area of zoas covered in hair algae in my main and left all circulation off for ten minutes and my zoas were fine. The HA turnned clear and fell apart in a matter of days.

You dipped zoas in pure h2o2 for one minute?

I have poured pure h202 straight from the bottle on zoa's many many times, left out on my bathroom counter for 10 mins or so, swooshed around in salt water before putting back in my tank and have never lost a zoa.  Kills everything, including all algae and pods, but not the zoas.

Not pure h202 just pure rodi.

The most h202 was a 50/50 mix for a minute or two. I have taken a syringe of pure h202 turnned off all circulation and soaked an area of zoas covered in hair algae in my main and left all circulation off for ten minutes and my zoas were fine. The HA turnned clear and fell apart in a matter of days.

"HA"?

I have forgotten Zoas left in a 50/50 mix of tank water and H2O2 over night and didn't lose a single Zoa .Took a few day to fully open. I have used full strength as well for serious HA issues.

I dipped "fire and ice" zoas for no more than 5 mins in a 50/10 - h2o2 - tank water. Put'em back in tank and they shriveled and withered to nothing in 3 days. Another un-dipped frag of same was fine.