Anyone used Ocean Motion Super Squirt?

dzekunoi

I have the Oceans Motions 4-way, it's a sweet piece of equipment, there are supposedly some issues with it making thumping and thudding sounds, but as far as i have read these are down to plumbing irregularities i.e. too many 90's or constriction in piping.

Mine has been fantastic from the start, i have it hooked up to a reeflo Dart and my corals and fish love it, especially my Carberry Anthias spends what seems like hours swimming head long into the currents.

it's pricey but worth it, it's near silent, i could barely hear it running on its own and can't hear it at all above the reeflo.

Check out the Ocean Motions forums for setup ideas and pictures of peoples systems, if you have any queries just post one and Paul or Cass will get back to you with suggestions and help

HTH

Anton

Got a SuperSquirt about 8 months ago. Very happy. Like a SCWD with more outlets, no stupid hose barbs, more flow patterns, no appreciable loss of flow, but costs a lot more.

The gearbox in my unit started making grinding noises, and they shipped a new motor no questions asked.

Let me know if you want to have a look at mine some time.

Hi Chip

It's a relatively new fish, a Carberry Anthias from Marine Center and seems to have completely different personality traits to the Harem of Lyretails i used to have.

It doesn't seem to be a problem, it's a very beautiful fish ate frozen brine and mysis right from the get go

suffice to say i'm on the email list for more

Sorry for hijacking Inna

Anton :)

How long has your anthias been doing this?

Is this a new thing?

Thanks guys!

So if I have a Super Squirt with a decent return I can plumb four outlets and forget about powerheads, swirls and other devices? Is this correct?

Or it's a good idea to end every outlet with an oceanmotion evolution?

I'm getting confused :blink: Need to do more research.

BTW, beautiful fish!

So if I have a Super Squirt with a decent return I can plumb four outlets and forget about powerheads, swirls and other devices? Is this correct?

I use mine on a closed loop with 1200 gph pump, and not on the return from the sump. The amount of flow you can get from your return pump is limited by how much the oveflow can handle. Mine can only handle ~600 gph, hence the need for a closed loop. I chose the closed loop because I didn't want to deal with powerheads.

I used SeaSwirls before I got the OM unit, and I like the flow pattern much, much better now.

Or it's a good idea to end every outlet with an oceanmotion evolution?

I don't use them, so I can't answer. My goal was to have back-and-forth surgy motion, so I planned the flow that way.

I'm getting confused :blink: Need to do more research.
I hope I didn't confuse you more.

That really depends on the amount of flow you want & how it's setup, hard to say with certainty.

Like everyone else who's replied I think the OM stuff is 1st class. Great product & excellent customer support.

I have the Oceans Motions 4-way, it's a sweet piece of equipment, there are supposedly some issues with it making thumping and thudding sounds, but as far as i have read these are down to plumbing irregularities i.e. too many 90's or constriction in piping.

Anton

I also have the 4-way. From what I read on the oceansmotiosn forums - the thudding noise is from back-pressure - that is - people were trying to run ball valves on outlets and this would create the back-pressure on the drum. Solution is the restrict the flow before it gets to the unit and leave wide open the outlets. Other solution was to call Paul, OM owner, and he can tell you on phone a way to make small hole on other side of drum to relieve some pressure.

Other note on it - do not over tighten the fittings that connect into unit or you will warp the housing and cause the unit to bind and catch. Housing made of a schedule 80 plastic. Once I learned this, mine now works silent & awesome.

OK, it's more clear to me now after all your replys and revewing info on Ocean Motion forum. I think I'll hook a Super Squirt on my return ( around 1200 gph) and just put outlets on four corners fasing each-other criss-cross on different levels and see how it works. Now I'm sure I'm getting one. I planned to do seaswirls but they really do not fit well under the hood...

BTW, it's a group buy going on on RC for Ocean Motion , now everything 20% off so I might also get a couple of accessories to play with - evolutions, let's say.group buy