GSA Skimmers

DCReefer1964

Hey guy I have an old school GSA GS1 running and I must say I am very impressed with it's performance. That is saying a lot coming from a skimmer junkie like me :wub: If you have a GSA solution still running on your system . Please post your thoughts. Remember no pics not true !!!

Happy Reefing :laugh:

3762422357_0a3ff56c2b_o.jpg

Dan designed some very good skimmers - still does. 

I've had two GSA skimmers over the years. The first was a GSA Custom 8 that I used for a while and then sold. Later I got a GSA Standard 12 (with a 12" wide reaction chamber). It was originally outfitted with four Eheim 1260's running needlewheels, I believe. I have it outfitted with 2 DC6000 skimmer pumps today and an Avast Swabbie. Dan helped me make the changes. It's one of the few GSA Standard 12's still around. Marco (monkiboy) was selling one recently. (Mine has the full base on it, though, while Marco's base is cut down slightly so it can fit more easily into certain sumps - like a 100-gallon Rubbermaid stock tank.)  And I have one. There's reportedly another around, but I'm not sure who has it. I'm not sure if there are many more out there than that. 

Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of it handy. It's deep in a sump and in a corner anyway, so it's not much to look at. Just big. You can get a sense of how large it is from Marco's picture in his for-sale post

While it's the biggest skimmer that I've ever run, it's not the largest one that I owned. That distinction went to a Euroreef CS12-6, which was a 6-foot beast powered by 4 Sedra pumps at the base. If your so inclined, you can still find it around: Incredible Corals has it on the system their store.