Marine pure ceramic biomedia

brcolli2

Does anyone use this product in their quarantine/hospital tank? I am looking for something that will improve my bacteria filtration. My main concern is that it will absorb copper, and not allow me to maintain consistent copper levels. If I added them they would stay in my quarantine tank, and never enter my display tank. Thanks for any help.

Most medicines we use in a hospital tank kill the bacteria so adding something like this is not really recommended. In terms of the marine pure stuff I use it but have come to realize because it is so porous I keep it in a good amount of flow. Other wise it gets clogged up.

I love it . Clean large surface area, and no hitch hikers. I use it in my coral QT system now.

Denitrification Media

There are a variety of porous ceramic media which have internal pores that act much in the way live rock does. Some of these are fairly new to the market (e.g., Cermedia MarinePure blocks) and some have been around a while (e.g., Seachem Matrix). They provide an area where denitrification can take place due to it potentially becoming low in oxygen, and hence like the inside of a deep sand bed or live rock. Some users report great success with these and they are apparently very effective in maintaining low nitrate in many aquaria. One possible drawback that is yet to be really understood is the potential for some of these to release aluminum to the water, which may have toxic effects. How significant this is remains to be established. It may be no concern at all.

(edited)

hey brian, I use them in some our quarantine tanks and systems with great success. the blocks and plates especially are easy to work with. the balls are terrific at maintaining moisture during power outages. we have information on available sizes and applications on our site if you want to check out. feel free to text me if you'd like a sample to try out for free - it takes little to control ammonia effectively with this product. glad to help bud.

Edited by monkiboy