Painting inside of stand

NovaReefer

So with our crazy weather it probably will be a couple months until i can even think about painting/staining my stand.  Trying to plan now on painting the inside.  Everyone seems to like white paint for the inside.  My question is what type of paint?  I'm seeing to many options when i look  online.  Does anyone have a preference and why?

Andrew

Is it PT PIne? or other wood? First off would be to prime it. Kilz Pro-X, or Insl-X Prime Lock  both will work. I would build some sort of interior lip 1/2" to a couple inches tall to create a basin so any spillage wont get out. Caulk the inside with a silicone caulk. Then use a paint that will work on wood but is more bathroom / Spa rated. I used Ben Moore Aura Bath & Spa. White does not show dust, salt creep, and also reflects light.

(edited)

Is it PT PIne? or other wood? First off would be to prime it. Kilz Pro-X, or Insl-X Prime Lock  both will work. I would build some sort of interior lip 1/2" to a couple inches tall to create a basin so any spillage wont get out. Caulk the inside with a silicone caulk. Then use a paint that will work on wood but is more bathroom / Spa rated. I used Ben Moore Aura Bath & Spa. White does not show dust, salt creep, and also reflects light.

We built it out of Oak and 2x6's. I have about a 2 inch lip in the bottom sump section :)   Its built like a tank, but no worries ever about it falling apart!

Edited by NovaReefer

Would this be overkill?    Acrylic Waterbase?

http://www.ipaint.us/aqkoacwapopa1.html?gclid=CM3e6oSzrcMCFUto7Aod7zwAmw

You are asking me if it if overkill? :blink: Have you seen my build page?

Actually that is a product for concrete so it is the wrong type of product. Go into HD, Lowe's, or Benjamin Moore and tell them what you are doing and see what they have.

• 4 weeks later...